Strings/Mini Threads Pre & Post Care
Strings/Mini Threads Pre & Post Instructions
VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ TO THE END
Pre-Strings Procedure Instructions:
We recommend you use aspirin, motrin, advil, ibuprofen, Vitamin E, gingko biloba, fish oil, St. John’s Wort, high dose vitamin c or other anti-inflammatory medications for 1-2 weeks before and after your treatment unless medically necessary. Anti-inflammatories can increase the risk of bruising as well as prevent optimal results from being achieved.
• For mild pain or headaches Tylenol is ok.
• You may have some bruising/swelling after the procedure. Studies show consumption of over the counter oral Arnica for 72 hours before and following your appointment will decrease bruising and swelling.
• We recommend allowing at least 3 weeks of healing time for any event or special occasion where the area being treated will be visible.
After the treatment, DO NOT massage areas where the threads are placed unless instructed for 2 weeks.
• Treated areas may be slightly red, swollen, irregular itchy and bruised for up to a week. This is normal and will slowly subside
• DO NOT get a facial or massage in areas treated for 2 weeks after your procedure.
• Avoid strenuous workouts and alcohol for 24 hours pre and post.
• Depending on the areas treated, if around the mouth, DO NOT undergo dental procedures for 3-4 weeks pre or post procedure.
• DO contact our office if you have any questions or if you notice any threads extruding from the skin.